For reasons which will become clear very soon, I am finding it important to document the final project I have undertaken here on Goshen. It is our master bathroom.
This was basically the final piece of my vision for this house, and it was accomplished over a period of about 2-3 months this year of 2016.
Here is what it looked like before:
A tired Jacuzzi tub from 1994 which looked pretty nasty and was sloped slightly, causing it to leak periodically and drip down into the foyer ceiling. In order to fix it, we needed a new tub. If we needed a new tub, why not just re-work the whole set-up?
So we did.
One more view of the before....
I didn't change everything...I kept the cabinet, as it serves some practical purposes.
And I left the original tile on the floor.
Here's the other side of the room...
And it's transformation....
And here's how it all came to be...
For the majority of the work, I hired the same tile guy I'd used to do the tile and marble installation in my kitchen.
Bye-bye old tiles!
I replaced the old Jacuzzi tub with a 19" Kohler soaker tub. I was so excited about this!
Fresh, clean, modern.
I replaced the old square white tiles with subway tiles with dark grout.
As this house is old, the walls were shaped in such a way as to complicate things for my poor tile guy, but he was incredibly patient and thorough and did a great job!
Progress being made.
Finally all tiled with the grout in, and my new faucet fixtures up!
I got a Kohler Purist faucet (ordered online), and I love the way it looks!
My vision was to surround the tub with marble, which matched the marble baseboards already in the bathroom.
I was so pleased!
I love it all!
After the tiling was all complete, I repainted the whole room (Sherwin Williams Bosporus), repainted the mirror, replaced the sconces and towel holder.
I also removed the towel bar, replaced them with hooks to use instead, and I installed a little glass shelf over the hooks.
A better look at the shower with the new paint color.
New tile around the toilet and cabinet.
I replaced the cabinet door pulls with these simple brass pulls. I also put some on the wooden sink cabinet.
I got these floating shelves from Ikea and used them instead of the wall cabinet we'd had previously.
And as a final touch, I replaced the nasty "boob" light with a fixture from Cedar and Moss. I'll have to add the picture for that later. It's this one...
And for now, folks, that's all! It's a dramatic improvement in both style and functionality, and I am extremely pleased with how it all came together. And even better, it came in under budget! Gotta love that.