The First Two Weeks

3:39 PM


Even though there's a new baby in the house and that mandates a change in routine...eventually, the show must go on. And in our house, after one week of Kyle staying home with us and helping me get my feet back under me (metaphorically speaking), it was time to get back to school.  For obvious reasons, we took a week off. But as the kids started picking at each other and getting whiny, it became evident that they needed that familiar routine. 


Brooklyn reads to her little brothers.


Brooklyn explains the finer points of the story to August.


Wednesday, October 2 - Anna, Avery and Tagg come over to meet baby Wyeth and Avery and the kids practice their bubble blowing skills.


I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll get a bubble out if it kills me!!!


Dorien kisses Wyeth.


Maybe having a baby brother isn't so bad after all.


Strange how Dorien seemed so little to me a few days ago and now, compared to our new little one, he seems so much older and bigger.


And ridiculously cute and kissable.


Daddy takes a moment with his two youngest men.


Everyone needs practice time holding Wyeth. Brooklyn uses the "Shushh..." to settle her baby brother.


Gentle August waits patiently for his turn.


Shushhhhhhh!


August lends a hand while Dorien waits for HIS turn.


Words don't exist to describe how this picture makes me feel.


He ain't heavy - he's my brother!


Wyeth wails while August practices his own Shushing. It's amazing how effective that SHSHHHHH! can be.


Our first family outing!! Wyeth's first check-up! Almost 4 days old - weight down to 7 lbs, 7 oz. and a little jaundiced, but otherwise doing great!


No makeup. No judging. Just happy with my little one.


Soaking up some sun (and shedding bilirubin) with Daddy.


So tiny...


They let me put my clothes back on!


Watching online church - Wyeth is now one week old.


Online church...while the big boys play Legos. Dorien checks to see if anyone will object to him finishing off the coffee...


And down the hatch!


We're so happy!!!!


Wyeth likes to make crazy faces...


And every now and then I get a look at his sweet eyes. I'm not positive, but I'm guessing he'll be another brown-eyed beauty like his siblings.


Still little bitty, but as of Thursday, he had regained his birth weight and then some - topping the scales at 8 lbs, 5 ounces.


Occasionally he does spend a moment or two in his crib...although he sleeps with me at nights. We're big Attachment Parenters around here, so we do a lot of baby-wearing, co-sleeping and holding of our babies. And so far, it works. We have always had super happy babies and now have super happy, extremely well-adjusted older kids. I'm a huge advocate of Attachment Parenting. (If you're not sure what that is, there's a fantastic book by Dr. Sears called Attachment Parenting (imagine that...)).  But there are quick moments when I have to change Dorien or run to the bathroom myself that Wyeth does hang out in his crib! 


Mostly, he does this.


He got to meet his honorary Great-Grandmother, Mrs. Bratcher, this week. She is such a precious part of our family, although not technically part of our family at all. 


And back to his favorite past-time.
I'm amazed that two weeks have (almost) already passed, and can't imagine life without our little Wyeth. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments