Almost Famous

6:30 PM





Or probably never gonna be famous, but still. We're gonna get to be on TV! Brooklyn and I, that is. One of the perks of having a husband who's in the advertising business is that you occasionally get offered the opportunity to be in TV commercials! In this instance, Kyle needed us for a TV commercial being shot to advertise a new reading program. Physicians in AR are promoting the benefits of reading to your children (brain development, etc.) by giving out books to their patients. I'm not sure of all the details, but they needed me to read to Brooklyn. It would be a pretend bedtime shot, with B in her pj's and me and her snuggled up under the covers, reading a book. Seeing as how Brooklyn has never been around lots of cameras, camera-men and all the stuff that fills up a room when shooting a commercial (well, not since she was about 6 months old), Kyle and I were afraid she'd pay more attention to the action than to my reading to her. This is where we were wrong.

We showed up at the site (conveniently a few blocks from our house!), got made up and crawled into this enormous bed. Kyle had checked out lots of great children's books from the library, including some new Charlie & Lola books, a Mercer Mayer book, a Franklin turtle book and a dinosaur book. Brooklyn was captivated by them and the prospect of my reading them to her. She only looked up at the camera once or twice. The rest of the time, she was a flawless little actress. Completely engrossed in our little moment together. It melted my heart! She may be the next Dakota Fanning. Right. While we were being filmed, August was falling in love with Lindsey, a co-worker of Kyle's. I don't think these commercials air until December or January, but if you see them, look for me and Brooklyn!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. How sweet! Get Kyle to make some copies of that commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! I wanna see when it comes out! And I'm loving Lindsey's hair too... so cute.

    ReplyDelete