32 plus weeks

1:10 PM






The countdown has begun....and I am nostalgic. Part of me is uber ready to have this baby. The other part of me will miss being pregnant! Despite the aches, pains, mood swings and rising scale count, I really do love so many things about being pregnant. My skin is radiant when I'm pregnant, and boy, do I love that! My hair is thicker, my nails stronger, I just feel healthy and alive. Very maternal and organic, if that makes any sense. I love the smiles people throw your way when they see you waddling by. And I've been really fortunate not to encounter the random hands that I hear can afflict you - strangers touching your belly without warning or permission. So far, it's just family members and I'm cool with that.

I can sympathize with a mommy kangaroo these days, as little one is just getting too constricted for its liking. Still seems to be sleeping for large parts of the day, but the moment I stop moving, IT starts. Especially when I lay down at night - boy, do the wiggles begin! I think the baby has learned some of the dance moves I've learned recently in my Zumba class and is trying them out! I did have a lady tell me in one of our classes the other day that she did dance classes all throughout her pregnancy, and the child that she delivered later grew up to become a dancer! COOL!

I am officially at the point where you go to the doc every 2 weeks. And I think I'm also at the point where I begin retaining water. I remember that when I hit that point with my pregnancy with Brooklyn, I realized it cause I tried to zip up my favorite black knee high boots and it just wouldn't work. I cried! I loved wearing those boots! And suddenly, it just wasn't happening. I stood up yesterday after sitting for a few moments at this very desk and chair and had a little chair crease etched into my thigh. Over an hour later, it was still there. Yep, there's some fluid hanging on!

So far, I'm doing ok on the weight gain. Still working out every day and I think that makes a difference. I feel strong, anyway! I'm the only pregnant woman lifting weights in the weight room and that makes me feel pretty tough! :) Except when I lay down to do a bench press and have to creatively get up without looking like an overturned beetle or turtle.

Anyway, this post is to update you with pictures as well, so here you go. Some official ones - just belly, and some with Brooklyn hugging her little sibling in utero.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I can absolutely relate to you. I was the only pregant woman lifting weights in our gym, and EVERYONE gave me that look...you know the look-the, "shouldn't she be at home with her feet up?" look. I felt like such a freak show, but you just keep on going. The weight will melt off of you like hot butter! By the way, you look gorgeous and much smaller than I remember looking at this stage. Keep up the great work!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete