Perfect Friday

2:13 PM


It's 65 degrees outside and drizzling. I have Gosford Park playing, the kids are napping (minus Dorien), it's grey and overcast and occasionally a bird squawks outside. It's utterly peaceful. I now have wireless internet and I have the luxury of sitting at my coffee table to write this post instead of staying tethered to my desk chair. 


I can't tell you how nice that is. 

Dorien is now sitting up, rolling from back to tummy and back again. And as of Tuesday, weighs 21 lbs, 13 ounces and is 28 inches long. 95th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height. Go boy.

It's the end of another busy week on Goshen. Homeschool is moving right along, we started a Bible study on Wednesdays, I started an oil/acrylic painting class on Tuesday nights, Dorien had a six month check up where he got 4 shots and the next day, popped through two new teeth. Brooklyn read her first words from an Abeka reading handbook that I used when I was her age! Oh, and August is wearing big boy underwear (Lightning McQueen) and I'm racing him to the potty every hour. 

Our science experiment this week - blue food coloring and celery! 

Observing how water travels up through celery and turns the ends blue! 

Although there are days when I look at dust bunnies wafting across the floor and cringe, wondering if I'm truly neurotic about dirt (the answer is yes) and when can I find the time to vacuum yet again, I've managed to get comfortable with our life right now. I love the waning of summer into fall...we've actually worn long sleeves a few days this week!!

 Dorien entertaining himself while we do school.

Uh, ok, they're not looking, so.... 

 It's gnaw-time!!!!

And at church... 

Are we teething or are we teething? 

More on my art classes later...I am going supply shopping this weekend. That alone should give me some interesting blog material! 

Not my work - just an example of a little color/medium exploration I'm going to be tackling next week. 

 More color studies. This is gonna be interesting!

More later...


You Might Also Like

0 comments