Wednesday Wars

11:26 AM

That title is misleading as there are no wars happening here.

But that title is also instructive as Wednesday Wars happens to be one of the best books I've ever read. It's a young adult book, but please don't let that stop you. READ IT! 

Also, in contrast to a war, there is an air of celebration around this house because oddly enough, on a Tuesday, we wrapped up our first year of homeschooling!!!!

Brooklyn is officially no longer in kindergarten, although she is, quite literally a kindergardener as she often helps me in my garden and is also a kinder.

Our first day of summer has been lovely:

Dorien has eaten a white crayon that I really hope is non-toxic.
He's also currently walking around in just his left Croc because for some reason, the right one is loose and falls off. (We speculate that perhaps August's right foot stretched out this particular shoe).

August goes to the ENT today to assess whether the Nasonex has reduced the size of his adenoids and let the fluid drain from his ears. If not, then a second set of tubes is coming along with some adenoid removal.

There are blocks all over the house because the kids are playing really really hard.

I may actually be able to mop the kitchen floor today and check it off my "to do" list from 3 weeks ago.

I leisurely read aloud from Little House in the Big Woods to the kids until Dorien whacked me on the head - REALLY hard - with an Etch-a-Sketch. 

August hasn't put on his clothes and is still wearing his jammies.

I am completely out of all fruit and have no idea what their lunch will be.

I have a list of books for the kids that we're hoping to read on our way to Gulf Shores but absolutely nothing for me.

Oh yeah, we're about to take a trip with my whole family for a week.

I have a growing pile of reclaimed wood (many littered with nails) in my backyard for my future chicken coop!

And I have identified the source of our next Golden Retriever puppy and it looks like we'll be getting a new puppy this summer!!!!!!!! This is fabulous news. 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh, that made me laugh! How glamorous it is to be a stay at home mom :) Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm always looking for a good one. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete