"MY August"

8:14 PM




I wasn't sure how Brooklyn would react to meeting her little brother, but my worries were in vain. I was also not sure how she would react to seeing me sitting in a hospital bed with an IV in my arm, but I gotta give my girl credit. She's pretty cool with just about anything. When, shortly after birth, my sister in law, Melissa and my sister Rachel brought Brooklyn up to see us, Brooklyn ran up to me unhesitatingly and climbed up onto the bed. At the time, August was nursing, and I thought, Ok, here we go...this is where she might get possessive. However, she stood up beside me, put her arm around me and said, "What's he doing?" And then she asked, "What's on your arm?" I told her he was hungry, so he was eating and I had an IV in my arm giving me some medicine. "Ok," she said.

She immediately wanted to touch his face, pat his head and once we told her his name, she was referring to him instantly as "MY August." It could not have gone any smoother. Praise the Lord for that!

You Might Also Like

0 comments