Birthday Girl!!!

4:47 PM



I am a day late in posting this because things have been so busy around here, but I am delighted to say that Brooklyn celebrated her 4th birthday yesterday, February 18th!


She loves to tell people when her birthday is and she was so excited that the big day was finally HERE!

I am absolutely bumfuzzled that 4 years have passed since I gave birth to my precious little girl. She informs me that she is no longer my baby, but a little GIRL, mommy! And so she is. The sentences that are structured in her mind are certainly not those of a baby. Often not those of a little girl, rather a little PERSON! She is so smart, so incredible...I marvel that she's mine.

She's absolutely a delight to me and all who know her. She is passionate about the things she's passionate about (like her momma!) which include the following (in no particular order):

Tasty
Dresses
Shoes
Wearing tights or leggings
Telling on August when he doesn't share well
Oatmeal Squares cereal
Dressing up her baby dolls (and various stuffed animals)
Waking up in bed next to mommy
Preening in front of the mirror!!!!!
Changing clothes 5 times a day
Mary Poppins
Pollyanna
Cinderella
Veggie Tales
Mother's Day Out
Bible Study
Her many friends
Mommy
Daddy
Uncle Josh
Her new cousins
Dottie!
Bailey!
Ingrid
Singing
Dancing
Going to the gym
Pretending
Praying that the "power will stay on"

Such are the interests of a 4 year old. And the world is a rosier place because she's here. Take it from me.

So, Happy Birthday, my little one. I thank God for her every single day!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Tasty-love it! Happy Birthday, Brooklyn. Mack sends a big b'day hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Brooklyn!! You are such a precious girl.

    ReplyDelete