Fun Times in the Pacific Northwest

1:25 PM

Our house was equipped with a basket of rocks. Oddly enough, it was just about the kids' favorite form of play. And it was always warm near the fireplace. What could be better?


Dancing on the Deck
(if you're familiar with Waiting for Guffman,
this move looks very much like Corky's signature dance move)

I think I spotted something! (Never mind that they're turned completely the wrong way).

The town of Gig Harbor was home to one of the most perfect bookstores I've ever encountered. I could have spent hours upon hours there reading the 3x5 note cards describing each book, plopped down in a corner nook (much like B) and losing myself in book after book.

Belly up to the Breakfast Bar!

Oh yeah, we got new boots! Oh yeah!
(How else were they to clamber around in the mud behind our house at low tide?)

Come on! Does it get any sweeter than those two?

Halloween Day - Gig Harbor closed its main drag and the people poured in. From 2-5, every shop on the street gave out treats. I have seriously never seen such a huge turnout for a trick-or-treat event. My favorite costume? A little boy dressed as Curious George and his Dad as the Man in the Yellow Hat. Kudos.
After our own jaunt down the street, we found a cute little cafe to serve us up some authentic fish and chips. Yum.

The biggest leaf ever. Better as a face mask?

Or a mustache?

(Oh, and yep, this lovely flowered number is the preferred comfy outfit of my daughter. Aka, her pjs).

You Might Also Like

0 comments