August Unexpected

2:26 PM


This is August.

August surprises me sometimes.

For instance, the picture above.  One weekend, August asked Kyle and I what we were gonna do for lunch. Kyle jokingly said, "Well, you're making it today, so we'd like the following....." and he listed a whole bunch of crazy foods that each of us would like to eat.

Fast forward about 20 minutes and we realized August was nowhere to be seen.
We found him in the kitchen, as pictured above.

He had decided to take us at our word and begin making lunch. He had set up a little PBJ assembly line. 
I could not have been more touched by this action of his! It was one of those precious moments that makes your heart ache with love. 

Let me share two other recent August funnies...

I'm currently reading a book called ChiRunning.

August asked me the other day if this book taught you how to run while eating cheese.

Does it get any better than that? Hang on.

A few days ago, the kids and I made chocolate chip cookies, and I put on a Greatest Hits from the 80's CD. I was singing at the top of my voice, dancing with the kids and generally alarming them. Brooklyn called me Loudy Pants several times. Dorien and I danced lots of jigs. It was fun times. 

So we're singing along to Every Time You Go Away...

You know the words?

"Every time you go away.....you take a piece of me with you..."

August and I were preparing the cookie dough and were about halfway through this song, when August cocked his head to the side and looked up at me, puzzled, and asked, 

"Every time you go, you take a piece of meat with you?"

I laughed so hard I had to run to the bathroom. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments