The Projects Never STOP!

8:43 PM




Due to the impending arrival of baby numero dos, we have been actively getting Brooklyn's BIG GIRL ROOM ready. In other words, Kyle has been painting. And what a lovely job he's done! It was the only bedroom that remained the ugly masking tape color and I cringed every time I walked in or walked by. But now....inspired by a French house featured in House & Garden, we painted the room a split level purple. The bottom half is a grape color while the top is a lovely lilac color. We're going to continue to work on it (curtains, new bedding, artwork) to make it a lovely little French room for our little girl.

We're all so thrilled with the transformation that we've hung out there lots over the last few days. Brooklyn even took her first nap there today! I kept her company, as I was having a not-good pregnant day. (Almost passed out in the dentist chair today). Freaked me out. Baby's obviously getting too heavy for me to lay on my back for any length of time. Anyway, Brooklyn loves to get under the covers with me and read books together, too. With her hand down my shirt in her all-time favorite cozy position. Can't wait to complete it with some new lamps contributed by my wonderful neighbor, Russ, and new bedding...

I think I've been nesting this entire pregnancy! Is that normal?

Oh, and I have to show off the new overalls that just arrived from J Crew this morning. I ordered them on sale - I have a hard time paying their full prices for the CrewCuts line, but man, as cute as these were, I WOULD have paid full price. Brooklyn could NOT have looked any cuter in them, particularly with her little hair sprouts! And go ahead, admire the purple walls! I do every time I see them!

You Might Also Like

1 comments