Moments of Life

3:43 PM

I find it hard to believe that so much time has passed since I last posted on this blog. I'm a little embarrassed. I haven't been out of town or even swamped with things. Granted, every day is chock full of its own activities, but I really have no excuse.


Several things have happened that bear mentioning - last Thursday, God took Kyle's grandmother, Alice, home to heaven. She had celebrated her 90th birthday on September 18 and lived a very full, blessed life. She had recently had to move into a nursing home and seeing her anywhere other than her own living room was very difficult. That the Lord took her when He did was a blessing, although she will be greatly missed here on this earth. She was one of the sweetest women I know - with a fiesty streak that makes me grin even now. I loved peppering her for details of her life, her family history, her marriage to her beloved Chris who died shortly after Kyle and I met 15 years ago. She has missed that man every single day and the first thing I thought of when Kyle told me she had died was that she was gonna be so thrilled to be with her husband and her Lord.

That same day, my dear friend, Carrie gave birth to a daughter, Ellie Charlotte! The little one took her sweet time getting here and was almost a week overdue, but well worth the wait, from what I can see. I can't wait to get my arms around her!

Those are just a few of the things that have impacted our life lately. More to follow.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. OK, so I'm browsing your blog and I discovered something about your family that I didn't know. Your children don't wear clothes! I love that - it's just too cute. Love you friend - congratulations on #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of Grandma Alice's passing. She sounded like a lovely lady. Interesting that Ellie was almost an Alice.

    ReplyDelete