CONGRATULATIONS!

12:11 PM

I want to welcome into the world James Alan, the brand new son of my good friend, Whitney. Her new baby boy arrived around 1:00pm and weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces. He was 19.5 inches long.

Whitney and I worked together at DD&F until I had Brooklyn and decided to stay home with her. Now, she and I work together sporadically, and I miss the day to day friendship we used to have. She and I were literally born on the same day 31 years ago, and I am thrilled that she is now a mom of her own precious baby.

When I gave birth to Brooklyn, after my parents, Whitney was the first one in the room. She faithfully waited while I was giving birth and rose at the crack of dawn to be there for me. It meant so very much to me. As I just spoke with her husband, Scott, on the phone and heard the awe and exhaustion in his new father voice, tears sprang to my eyes. What a joy and blessing it is to welcome new life into this world. It is without a doubt the most humbling, awe-inspiring, exhilarating feeling known to man. Or woman.

I can't wait to go up there this afternoon and give her little boy a welcoming kiss. Meanwhile, I'm gonna go make some no-bakes (her favorite cookie) to give her some good munchies. I remember being STARVING after having my two tots. Congratulations!!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments