In Bloom

6:29 PM

I was inspired by Liz's post about her gorgeous roses to go outside and take some photos of my own roses. Plus, it gave me a chance to play with a filter on my camera.

I love this little pink guy - he blooms all summer long. If I remember to water, that is.

Last year, I was puzzled because nothing happened with him, until I realized he was being crowded out by the ivy that is also planted in his pot. So, after thinning the ivy out, a few days later I was rewarded by some lovely pink blooms!

When we moved into this house 4 years ago, this back patio/deck area seemed so stark to me. It was crying out for climbing roses or vines or something to give it color, depth, WARMTH!

So, 2 years ago, I planted this climbing rose. I planted one at each outside corner, but this corner receives the most sun and it is THRIVING! I periodically go out there and tie its straggling branches to different posts in order to keep it moving, and so far, it is happy! Although this is the first year it's bloomed! And boy, has it ever! I was astonished one day when I went out to sweep the patio and I realized just how many flowers this little guy was holding! It was amazingly lovely! I just hope I can coax the other side into performing, too. I love climbing vines!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments