Feel Good Moments

8:59 PM

Being 22 weeks pregnant means that you frequently feel like a whale. Bulky, large, ever-expanding, sore, heavy, FAT...just not the prettiest you've ever felt. I have said this before, but I hate gaining weight and it's by far the hardest part of pregnancy for me. Even though I know it's necessary. Well, there are little moments of redemption that pierce through the feeling of unattractiveness, often from the most unexpected places.

Today, as I tried on some new clothes that arrived via my beloved UPS man (from Babystyle, from Old Navy and from Gap - all maternity apparel), I was feeling rather large. When Brooklyn strolled into the room and said, "Mommy, you pretty!" Followed immediately by, "That's cute, Mommy!" I gotta tell you, that just lit me up like a Christmas tree. Unprompted compliments from a 2 year old GOTTA be the real deal. Even if it's only in her little brown eyes, today, she thought I was pretty, and that's a fact.

You Might Also Like

0 comments