The Ponies

3:02 PM


On Friday, StoneWard took its employees to Oaklawn for the afternoon. Now, I am a typical girl in that I ADORE horses. My daughter, at age 2, has also already caught the horse bug. She was thrilled to death to see horses and more horses streaming around the track, walking past her with their tiny jockeys, and did her fair share of cheering them on. At one point, because StoneWard sponsored a race, we were able to walk out onto the track and present the winner with their cup. As we did so, Brooklyn (and I) were thrilled to see these monstrous Thoroughbreds prancing past us, their stable boys straining to keep them under control. Brooklyn kept asking to ride them and saying "Mine! My horse!" I know how she feels. Maybe someday we'll have a horse....In the meantime, at least we know where we can go to watch them run! (And no, we made no money. Actually, we were given $5 to bet, we bet 4, lost it, and walked away a dollar ahead).

Oh, I recommend you bet on the greys. They always win!

You Might Also Like

0 comments