Things You Learn to Do

11:11 AM

As August is 6 weeks old today and he STILL has Thrush, I placed a call to his pediatrician to have them call in more medicine for him. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it, and it doesn't appear to be affecting me in any negative way, it didn't seem urgent. But still, I am ready for his little tongue to be normal tongue color, rather than coated with white. As usual, you never get anywhere near the doc without going in. So I was chatting to his nurse, explaining the situation with the phone held between my ear and shoulder on one side and August held up to the other shoulder, burping him. Mid-conversation with the nurse, I realized August was GUSHING upchuck over my shoulder.

Every now and then, he just overfills his little tummy, but refuses to stop nursing. The result is that his tummy says enough FOR him. Usually a few minutes after I disengage him and start burping him. That was the case the other day. A few pats to his back and that triggered it - a GEYSER of milk shooting across my bedroom. Somehow, my clothes were left untouched, but the floor was covered. Three big gushes of this stuff happen over my left shoulder as I calmly continue to pat his back and never miss a beat in my conversation with the nurse on the right shoulder.

When I hung up the phone, I assessed the damage and sighed. More floor cleaning to do. But at least I accomplished my goal and got some medicine ordered for the little puker. And I felt pretty tough not even flinching throughout the event. It made me laugh to think that this is what I've grown into. All part of being a mom, I guess.

You Might Also Like

0 comments