5 Months

8:04 PM

See the spotty
on my body!!!!

To commemorate his 5th month on this earth, August decided to break out into a rash. After discussing every conceivable explanation of rashes with my dear friend Sarah and searching the internet together (via cell phone), we narrowed it down to a plain, old viral rash. Brooklyn had something just like it when she was a baby. Head to toe spots, no fever, no complaints from baby, just tons of dots!

No sooner had the unsightly spots faded from his body did his little face splotch up with what looked like hives. His eyelids were reddish and his tongue was unusual-looking - what the doc called strawberry tongue. I hated it cause my little handsome man was so, well, SPLOTCHY! But it didn't seem to bother him. I did take him to the doctor just to make sure it wasn't something awful that I would later kick myself for ignoring. Apparently, all those things are common after a virus has run its course. A $25 co-pay for peace of mind seemed perfectly reasonable to me.

During the standard weigh-in, I was shocked to discover that my newly 5 month baby weighed in at 21 pounds and was 27 3/4 inches long! He'd gained almost 3 pounds in the past month and grown over 1/4 of an inch! Man! I seriously wish I could bottle and sell whatever stuff is in my breastmilk! I'm certain there's a market out there!!! Your baby too small? Try Ashley's Breastmilk! Failure to Thrive?? Ha! We'll fix that! Baby at 5th percentile? We'll shoot you off the charts!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'd been meaning to call and check his rash status. We've had some friends with some seriously nasty rashes lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny about the breastmilk!! I am curious to see how much calleigh weighs on wed at her 4 month checkup too!!

    ReplyDelete