Christmas Cards

8:17 PM

There was a time when I never sent Christmas cards. Pretty much from birth up to marriage. And then I came of age. And every year it gets harder and harder to get them together (whatever form that may take), addressed and out the door with the proper postage affixed before New Years!

I think I skipped last year entirely. Not on purpose, just because it got away from me!

I think I'm way behind this year, too, cause I have quite a smattering of photos and Christmas wishes decking my walls and my own stack of cards is still sitting on my coffee table, awaiting a lick and a stamp.

When does one find the time to take the family picture, select the perfect family picture (once taken), figure out what cards you're using and to whom the cards will be sent, address those cards, lick them (ack!) and stick them in the mail. I have been working at it piece meal for a week now. Seriously, is there a time by which most people have already prepared the cards? Should they be ready to go by December 1? December 15? Is New Years too late??

Sigh. I really am sending them out, people. And thank you for not thinking I am a bad friend because you haven't received your card (believe me, it's coming!) and sending me one of your family anyway. I love to get them and they stay up on my fridge wall for quite awhile. I admit, I'm not my mom - who keeps all 50 million on her fridge year round, like a photo wallpaper. I like walking in her house and trying to see how many new pictures I can spot within the shortest amount of time.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I remember getting your family's Christmas card every year. My parents would hang the various cards around the kitchen door frame and I would stand there forever picking out familiar faces in wonder at how different they looked from year to year. My favorite card was ALWAYS the Dennis family card. So many kids to pick out. I would stand there and see if I could remember all names that went with the faces without looking at the back. Who new that I would come to love the oldest Dennis so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I stick Jason with the putting on stamps ands licking them while he's watching one of his shows. I also have him stir when I am cooking and the kitchen aid is busy...I guess you could say I have two kitchen aids. :)

    ReplyDelete