Brain Damage

10:35 AM

My friend Liz, from Mabel's House, just told me that she might be the last person on earth to get into the TV show, Lost. Well, I'm always that way, too. Except in this case, I'm not into Lost. I'm just beginning to read Twilight. I was that way with the Harry Potter books. In that instance, I held out because the whole wizard thing...it seemed evil to me.

Until I actually read one. Then I was hooked. Completely and utterly. I lost myself in that make- believe world of good and evil, of friendship and loyalty, of right and wrong. I want to GO to Hogwarts. Living in a castle like that for a school is pretty much my dream come true!! So, I sighed and kept on reading, book after book.

This past Tuesday, my favorite childcare worker at our gym, Ms. Sonja, started telling me about how much she loved the Twilight series. She offered to loan me her copies if I wanted them. Sure, why not? I love to read! So, I picked them up from her at the gym last night (she gave me books, I gave her some cream cheese brownies...) and started reading. I'm only a few pages in yet, but it definitely has me interested.

What makes this all so bizarre is that I'm equally into John Adams and Princesses (the one about King George III's daughters). I'm wondering if it's possible to give yourself brain damage by simultaneously reading about the life of one of America's founding fathers and a vampire love story. Could the two be MORE different? It might make for some crazy dreams...we'll have to see.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. My wife is/was totally into the Twilight series. I think she read them all in a 2 week period.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Ash! I LOVED Twilight. I felt a bit silly when I started reading them but rest assured I lobed them and saw the movie twice in theaters. The DVD comes out next month and I WILL have it!

    ReplyDelete