Lost Battle

5:25 PM


Usually, Brooklyn is really good about taking her naps. But every now and then something comes over her and she just fights me on it, despite her obvious exhaustion. A few days ago, she was so mad at me because I removed all the library books from her room. Why did I do such an awful thing? Because she was sneaking them into her bed and wasn't going to sleep! Perfectly logical, I feel. Not so much from her point of view. She proceeded to wail and cry loudly for a good hour and a half. And I am not even exaggerating. This child has a will of iron. Wonder where that comes from...

So the wills clashed and she lost. When I finally noticed a change in my environment....namely the absence of wailing, I tiptoed into her bedroom as quietly as I could. Drat these squeaky hardwood floors. This is the sight that met my amused eyes. And she always insists on stripping down for her naps. I quietly draped a blanket over her and left her to sleep. A few hours later, she awoke happy and perky as though nothing had happened. Although she did tell me later, almost casually, that she screamed for a long time in her bed. I said, "yeah, you did. But don't you feel better for sleeping?" She said she did.

You Might Also Like

0 comments