Taking a Walk

11:48 AM


For whatever reason, our weather here has been UNseasonably cool! For two days in a row, I've been able to walk outside and not sweat. For those of you in the South, you get what I'm talking about. In August, to walk outside and not sweat is just....weird. But the past two days, the highs have been in the low 80's. It feels like I'm in the mountains! It's gawgeous!
So, to celebrate All Day Daddy Day and the cool weather, we leashed up our dog, Bailey, strapped the kids in their strollers and took off down the hill to our nearest lake. I'm embarrassed to say that we don't take walks often enough and there are three primary reasons for this: 1) I don't own a double stroller, so walking the kids by myself is virtually impossible; 2) the heat...LORD, the HEAT! and 3) mosquitos. All very valid reasons.

Bailey, our Golden, was shocked to see her flexi-lead come out of the cabinet and immediately began running in circles chasing her tail which she catches and holds in her teeth while continuing to run in circles. Brooklyn immediately put on her new shades and grabbed Bailey's leash. (I later tried on Brooklyn's glasses and found the plastic so dark as to limit one's visibility...to the point of stumbling into walls).
The walk was everything I wanted it to be except that I made the mistake of attempting to push Brooklyn's stroller and hold Bailey's leash. Ha! Disaster city! Brooklyn's cheap-o stroller was obviously made for someone MUCH shorter than 5'7"! I had to practically hunch over to push her and make my legs take ridiculously tiny steps to avoid kicking the wheels of the stroller...all while juggling Bailey who was weaving in between me, Kyle and the two strollers, walking down a really steep hill and avoiding traffic. This could be another reason I don't take walks.

But Bailey did get an opportunity to swim out after some sticks and get deliciously wet!And Brooklyn pondered the geese, the ducks, the sticks in the water that looked like crocodiles and life in general.

You Might Also Like

1 comments