Christmas Eve

11:01 AM

Grandma Alice and Brooklyn

Enjoying Brooklyn's new Cinderella book/pillow!

Nan cuddles with Brooklyn as she opens the Hello Kitty purse from Aunt Kara!

In the midst of torrential rain, the likes of which this state hasn't seen since the 1800's, Kyle and I loaded up our kids in the 4runner and drove to Stuttgart to spend Christmas Eve with his parents and Grandma Alice.

When I say torrential rain, let me say that I love rain, but this stuff would have made more friends as snow. I think. Things were flooding left and right! We passed houses that must have had a foot of water in the living rooms. Granted, Stuttgart is flat flat flat and water has nowhere to go but up when it comes down that hard, fast and steady.

The water on either side of the roads was inching its way closer and closer to the asphalt, and in some places, only part of a lane was not already underwater. It wasn't optimal driving conditions...

But we made it and spent a relaxing afternoon with Nan, Grandad and Grandma Alice - opening gifts, eating and watching the kids play.

It also so happens that Kyle's Grandfather used to be a painter and he also hung wallpaper. Gracing the walls of Grandma Alice's kitchen is some of the most gorgeous wallpaper I've ever seen! It's been there long enough to be back in style and it looks fantastic! I finally remembered to take a picture of it while I was there! I love it!
In addition, I have long admired Grandma Alice's kitchen light fixture. It combines scrolled ironworks painted high-gloss white paint with turquoise and lime green and is super-chic. Go Grandma Alice!

You Might Also Like

0 comments