Snow...A Very Good Day.

4:17 PM

I awoke early this morning to an odd pinging sound. I immediately sprang out of bed and ran to the window. No, I did not throw up the sash.

I did, however, swiftly run my hands underneath all the window casings to make sure I wasn't hearing a leak pinging off our hardwood floors. But it wasn't that...it was ice pelting our windows, slowly coating our world in icy whiteness.


This time, the weather reports were accurate! They predicted a wintry mix and a wintry mix it was! After my initial assessment of the weather, I tiptoed back to the warm bed and snuggled up under quilts, blankets and the snuggly body of August, falling blissfully into sleep. (Kyle was in the shower getting ready for work - no inclement weather exceptions for him!)

When I woke up for real, along with Brooklyn and August, the soft light filtering into my bedroom indicated heavy cloud cover and the continued pinging sound told me stuff was still coming down!

I actually attempted to go to the gym today, not even contemplating that they would be closed. Which they were. So I headed back home and began to pack for our planned weekend trip to the Farm. But, around 1:00, the precipitation kicked it up several notches and the roads were rapidly disappearing under a thick layer of ice. So, when Kyle made it home, we decided to postpone our Farm weekend and stick around here. He made a last minute run to get some bread - because apparently when it's cold out, we eat bread. I already had milk, eggs, the basics.


So now we all sit huddled up in our warm house (not as warm as some, but warm enough for us!!!!), freshly baked chocolate chip cookies to snack on, a couple of RedBox flicks, pictures for me to put in my photo albums (I'm up to July 2009), a knitting project underway, and a dinner invite from Zach and Anna.

Life is good. And to make life even sweeter for my husband, Zach just came by and whisked him off on his dune buggy.

Is that a Zach in there?

Although it took Kyle a little effort to dress appropriately, it was worth it. The sight of the two of them all decked out in their winter/hunter garb made the kids' mouths hang open and made me laugh out loud. I am glad Kyle's getting a chance to be a kid again!

As Miss Clavel would say...Something is Not Right.

Grrrr....Ready for Action.

Daddy????!!

Just two guys ready to get cold.

See ya!

You Might Also Like

0 comments