Fiery Hot

2:34 PM

1. The Mexican Tinga I made last night using a recipe from Melissa. The recipe called for chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and to use the adobo sauce to taste. Well, after dipping my finger in the sauce, it "tasted" good to me, so I emptied the contents of the can into my pot with the tomatoes, onions and chicken. Let me just say that the fieriness of the meal is rivaled only by molten lava flowing from active volcanoes. And that the insides of my gut probably look as charred as the path traveled by lava.


Needless to say, I made something else for Brooklyn and August, and Kyle only managed to eat one tostada with the tinga on top (how that phrase brings me joy!) before begging my forgiveness and heading to the pantry for some harmless Life cereal.

It was a crying shame I wasn't congested, because my sinuses may have been effectively cleared for the next 10 years.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've been there though I've never dumped the entire can in a dish. Good thing they are small cans. I'm bad with "heeping" a tbsp. I would have chowed down though. This momma can't get enough spice right now...nor enough bananna peppers.

    ReplyDelete