Paper Dolls

2:45 PM

I'm not sure they exist any more. Except in the worn, torn versions that I used to play with, that I'm sure my mom still keeps up in the closets in my old bedroom. I used to have so many different varieties. My all time favorite was my Princess Diana paper doll.

She came complete with all the famous gowns wore by the elegant princess, crowns, capes, casual suits...I had hours and hours of fun with that doll.

And at her birthday party this past Saturday, Brooklyn received the modern day version of that toy. I confess to no small amount of glee when she unwrapped this gift - and I have spent a little time mixing and matching her outfits on my own.

The good thing for Brooklyn is that these dolls are safe from destruction by her younger brother. They're wooden, magnetic and quite sturdy. And this is my favorite outfit:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i love it!! i would be so excited if c were to get one too...i will start the search for one like this very soon...we aren't quite ready for it yet...we are still in the kitchen/dishes/play food phase!

    ReplyDelete