Tennis

6:51 PM

Showing an interest in the game.

In typical Arkansas fashion, a forecast high of 61 was off by several degrees. I think it got up to mid-70's. You just never know what to expect around here. So, after August woke up from his nap, Kyle and I loaded the kids and our tennis stuff up and headed to the courts nearby. We fully expected it to be impossible to play or even hit balls with the kids at our feet, but they were remarkably NOT in the way. They each sort of puttered around the court, chasing balls, pushing their little doll stroller, and making friends with the local ducks. Kyle had a bet that I'd be the first one to hit a kid with the ball. And he won. I sort of bonked August with the ball, but he didn't seem to be all that upset. No tears.

In any case, he showed a more natural bend for the game than his older sister. We'll see, though. I still hold out hope that she'll be a good tennis player. But for now, at least they can see me and Kyle having a good time and be a part of it, too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments