Ratatouille

10:19 AM

Having never made it before, I did so yesterday evening. Using my Tyler Florence cookbook, I chopped up 1 eggplant into 1 inch cubes, then did the same with a pound of zucchini. I sauteed the eggplant (well seasoned with salt and pepper) for about 10 minutes in some olive oil until it got all mushy and soft. Then drained them on a plate. Did the same for the zucchini and drained them too.
Then I sliced up 2 onions, 2 garlic cloves, a handful of fresh parsley and basil leaves and threw those in the pot. After about 7 minutes, the onion concoction was softened and smelling heavenly!!! Then I threw in about 4 cups of cherry tomatoes and stirred occasionally for another 10 minutes until the tomatoes were all pulpy and wilty.

Then I put everything back in the pot, re-salted and peppered and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Looking like a colorful goopy mess, it smelled and tasted heavenly. Like warm summer days.

After splashing it with balsamic vinegar, I served the ratatouille over macaroni noodles (for lack of better noodles on hand - I think penne would have been nicer). The whole thing was amazing. Very peasant-ish and filling. YUM!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I wanna see how cute B looked in her pillow case dress!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete