Cuddling on the Couch

4:39 PM






This Christmas season, as a stay-at-home mom, I have really enjoyed just being here. Being still when I can enjoy the moment. Burrowing into my old, smushy, creaky couch with an off-white afghan made by my Grandma Gee who died before she could see me get pregnant and deliver my own baby girl on HER birthday. I have enjoyed popping in Christmas movies and hearing familiar plots unfold while I wrapped Christmas presents and tried to make sure I didn't miss a family member. Yes, we all still buy gifts for everyone. And yes, there are a bazillion and one of us. But somehow it still works and we still take great pleasure out of picking a gift for each other and - even more wonderfully - take even MORE pleasure out of seeing our brother or sister-in-law open the gift we specially picked out for them.

Kyle captured some moments where Brooklyn and I burrowed into the couch and covers and loved on each other. These are the moments to treasure. As Mary did in Luke 2, these are moments that I will save in my memory and ponder after they've passed.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have never missed you more than I have the past few months. I don't know why. I've thought of you every day lately. I love you. You will always have your own special space in my heart of hearts. I wish I could kiss that girl of yours...she's precious.

    ReplyDelete