A Thankful Heart

3:12 PM




In the words of Larry the Cucumber, "a Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart...I'm glad for what I have, that's an easy way to start."

My heart is truly happy because I am truly thankful for the Lord's many blessings to us. This year, Kyle and I spent Thanksgiving Day with his parents and his grandmother, Alice. It was a day of firsts for us. The first time we hosted Thanksgiving at our house...a monumental thing! The first time I made dressing on my own! The first time I got to use my Thanksgiving china! The first time I shared a kitchen with my mother-in-law. It was truly a blessing for Kyle and me, and we do count our blessings with much humility and gratefulness.

May Thanksgiving Day be so much more to you than just an excuse to eat turkey and watch football and fall asleep with a full belly on your couch. May you ponder the little things, and just plain be glad for what you have.

You Might Also Like

0 comments