P90X

2:37 PM

I am so encouraged by all the people who've been inspired by our (me and Kyle's) experience with P90X. I can name about 10 couples who've since purchased and begun their own P90X experience, and I am so proud of them! I wish I got a commission! Sadly, I don't.

Yes, it is a time commitment, but I have been amazed at how the time has flown by! Kyle and I are just completing our week 11, which means we have only 2 weeks to go. That makes me sad! I'm already planning ways I can continue to incorporate the P90X stuff into my going-forward workouts. It has been so much fun. I'm determined to keep working on pull-ups. When I started out, I couldn't do a single pull-up unassisted. Now, I can do about 4. Not of wide-grip pull-ups. Those, I can still only do about 2. And about 15 with my foot on a chair for assistance. My sister-in-law, Lauren, made me feel like a weeny when she asked me how many I could do and then said, after 11 weeks, that's all? Uh...hm. She quickly backpedaled when she saw my expression freeze and look sad. She didn't mean it meanly, just that if I can only do that many and I have considerable upper body strength for a girl, how many should she aspire to...And maybe it's just me...I bet there are girls out there who can do a lot more than me. I aspire to them!

Push-ups, now I can do those all day long! Regular push-ups, I can do about 25 or more. I never get bored or tired of them. :) If only pull-ups were as easy. At the gym the other day, this incredibly fit guy that I used to know from my high school was effortlessly churning away on the pull-up bar. He must have whipped out 20 - unassisted and seemingly effortlessly. I just stood there and stared, my mouth gaping open in pure awe. My hero! I know it's easier for guys who don't carry as much lower body weight as we ladies, but STILL! I am determined.

With just a few weeks to go, I am hoping I'll continue to see results. I already know I'm stronger in my chest, shoulders, back, arms and legs. And my abs definitely look better. My goals are to continue to work on my back strength and keep toning my legs. So, good luck to all those who're just starting out! Hang in there! It goes by fast and is WORTH it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments