Precious Precious Moments

10:49 AM

It's January, my favorite time of the year, and it's finally really really cold outside. I know this because there is a layer of ice covering Bailey's water pail. That rarely happens here. And she loves it when it does cause she gets to drink out of the toilet (freshly cleaned toilet). Bailey is my dog, by the way. Not my kid. I could see deep frowns starting to form in your faces.


When the temperature drops outside, it invariably does inside this house as well, but that just gives us excuses to pile on heavy blankets, layer our sweaters, make hot cocoa and popcorn and watch movies or read books together. My absolute favorite scenario.
Last night, as we watched a few episodes from Kyle's MadMen Season 1, my little man, August, was content to nestle in my arms and snuggle with me. He's great for warming me up, too. What melted my heart was his little hand snaking up around my shoulder to entwine his fingers in my hair. Thankfully, my hair is short, because his grip is incredibly STRONG and I would otherwise be bald in patches. So this is his latest thing - playing with my hair. And I love it.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. That is entirely too precious. What a sweet boy you have!
    This is actually my most dreaded time of year and I struggle to enjoy any of it...but your post has inspired me to try to change my perspective! I'll just think in terms of cuddling my hubby instead of wanting to be outside, breathing fresh air...see, it's hard! :)

    ReplyDelete