3 Months Old

2:10 PM

Already, I wonder where the time has gone. Today, August is 3 months old, and he has commemorated the day by laughing for the first time. This morning, as I was kissing his little neck, he totally surprised me by sort of giggling and chuckling at the same time! I laughed myself, it was so surprising! I then spent the next 30 minutes tickling him gently, doing anything I could to elicit that precious little laugh. He loved it. What great timing he has!

It is also notable that this time in Brooklyn's life, I had to go back to work, so she started spending the days with DD. I had enrolled Brooklyn in daycare, but we wouldn't have a spot in it until she was six months old, so she spent months 3-6 with my mom during the days. It's NEVER easy to leave your kids, but I felt better knowing she was with my mom. I still hated to leave her. It killed me, knowing I was missing out on things as she grew and developed.

This time, I haven't had to count down the weeks to the end of a maternity leave. I'm here for my Brooklyn and August indefinitely. I get to be the one who sees August do all his firsts and Brooklyn, the rest of her firsts! I can't tell you how special that is to me, especially having experienced the other side. I really did love working full time. I had the greatest job in the world, and had I not these two precious munchkins, I'd be there working my tail off again, still loving it! But God has so greatly blessed us with these little olive plants (see Psalms 128) and I wouldn't change a thing. For now, this is where He has me, and I still get to stay a part of DD&F on a contract basis. God is so good. I'm living proof that our ways and plans are not necessarily God's ways and plans, but if we surrender to HIS plans, we'll be so much more content than if we force our own into existence.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ash! We heard Izzy laugh for the first time today. My brother Ryan was over and he was tickling her legs and she let out this low chuckle. We weren't quite sure it was a laugh because she wasn't smiling...she just looked shocked. But Ryan tickled her again and then she smiled big and let out a sweet baby laugh. She and August really do seem to be pretty in sync developmentally so far. That's so fun for me!

    ReplyDelete