Looks of Love

5:13 PM





I have MORE than gotten my money's worth with my Peanut Shell sling. I wear the thing all the time. If August is the slightest bit fussy, I just plop him in it and all is well. In fact, he's gotten to the point where I lay him on the couch or some other relatively soft surface to don my sling, and he immediately calms down upon seeing me straighten out the folds and slip it over my shoulder. It's as if he knows that his snuggly time with Mommy is imminent! But my favorite and my best, as Charlie and Lola would say, is when he cranes his neck back for the sole purpose of gazing into my eyes and smiling at me with the most smitten of expressions. And let me tell you, this admiration is so mutual. We get lost in each other's smiles and coos. I will be honest here and tell you that I was less than enthused at the thought of having a boy. (I didn't know in advance WHAT I was having). I was just so used to having a little girl that I couldn't imagine enjoying a little boy as much. And I know, there are still things about little boys that I do not look forward to - I know boys all too well, having been raised surrounded by them. BUT, what makes THIS different is that this little boy is mine, all mine. And we adore each other. And there's something about it that is unique to my adoration of Brooklyn. Brooklyn and I are more like two pieces of a whole, while August is like something different that has completely soldered itself to me and now I can't imagine not having it there. He rounds me out somehow. I look at him and am just smothered and drowned in waves of love. Kyle has expressed relief at my love for this little fella. I guess I was silly to worry. When you carry a child inside you and pray over that unborn life more minutes out of the day than not, than you just have no choice but to be consumed with love for that baby once they're born. And that is definitely the case here.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. After convincing myself that I'm happy with 2 girls...I now have an overwhelming desire for a boy. Thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete