Favorite Movie

3:25 PM


There are certain movies that are "comfort movies" to me. Spanglish, Love Actually, Sense & Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice and Gosford Park, to name a few. Today, Gosford Park. I awoke to the sound of rain pattering outside my window, making it nearly impossible to wake up and get ready for Bible study. While most people refer to rainy days as "bad weather", to me there's nothing bad about it. Weather doesn't get any better than that. Particularly in the fall when the temperature falls, the wind blows, leaves fall from trees and the sky is a dusky gray. I love it.

Driving home from Bible study, the lake glistened to my right, the trees overhead in various hues of red, yellow and orange...my kiddos snug, dry and content in the back seat of my car, I was truly happy. I put Brooklyn down for her nap, began constructing an apple spice bundt cake and popped in my Gosford Park. The opening scene of the movie is a rainy afternoon, mirrored by the rain falling outside my own door. I cuddled under a blanket, snuggled up with August and just soaked up the world that is Gosford Park. I know it isn't for everyone, but it is most definitely for me. Ah, what a way to spend a day. Perfection.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Man...wish I was there. Sounds like the perfect day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley...you should write a book!!!
    You really are a tremendous writer. I love your blog (and you). Thanks for letting us keep Brooklyn tonight. She is a doll!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Gosford Park. Nearly anything British is comfort viewing for me. Especially the newest Jane Eyre...ahhh! You're putting me in the mood for a movie fest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are like the best blog writer in the history of Al Gore's Internet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete