P90X Update

7:52 PM

Kyle and I have officially completed the first phase of P90X classic. Of the first 28 days, we only missed one day and that was this past week. Instead of doing the X Stretch, we took off that day. I have been so proud of us! And I can already seriously tell a difference. For the first three weeks, our schedule looked like this:

Monday - Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Tuesday - Plyometrics
Wednesday - Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Thursday - Yoga X
Friday - Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Saturday - Kenpo X
Sunday - Rest or X Stretch (usually we did X Stretch)

This past week was our fourth week, or the recovery and ab focus week. It went something like this:

Monday - Yoga X
Tuesday - Core Synergistics
Wednesday - Kenpo X
Thursday - X Stretch
Friday - Core Synergistics
Saturday - Yoga X
Sunday - Rest or Stretch

The funny part was that we spent Friday through Sunday at our Farm, so we took the DVDs with us. Saturday morning, we planned to do our Yoga X workout. Turns out, we had several interested people. It ended up being a regular Yoga class! It was me, Kyle, my sister Rachel, my brother Michael, my sisters in law Melissa and Lauren, my brother Zach and Chad (for spurts of it), and Natasha, our Austrian friend. Nine people doing yoga up in our family room! It was awesome! If only I had a picture of it.

So far, I know Kyle would tell you he's seen a difference, as have I! Head to toe, things seem to be tightening up. Everything leaner and more muscular. We have been loosely following the diet, but not strictly. Since I'm breastfeeding, I'm afraid to get too lean on my diet. I'm just trying to eat wisely. We're gonna have our bodyfat re-checked tomorrow, so I'll know if the changes are in my head or real!

It has seriously been a fun 28 days. I love working out, anyway, but having something new and challenging is even better!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I'm impressed with your workout schedule. I'm trying to fit the time in to workout, but with our 2 yr. old (Alyssa) and 5 month old (Abigail) I struggle.

    We did get a Wii Fit, but it's not the intensity of P90X. I'll stick with doing my push-ups before I go to bed at night.

    PS: I love watching the P90X commercial at night sometimes, when Abby is awake...... go motivation at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the P90X. I've been on the program for 75 days now and I'm absolutely loving it. It's awesome to hear about your family getting involved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. boy, that new work out program must really have you guys beat, you haven't blogged in a week! that must be a new no-blogging record for you or something, haha. Hope all is well, stay warm up there.

    ReplyDelete