Stripey Jammies

7:44 PM

SuperSmiley Cutey Patootie
Constantly slipping down the pillows

In a house as big as ours, it is expensive to heat. So, when the weather just STARTS turning cold, we open the windows to enjoy. Then when it's really cold for successive days, we give in and turn on the heat. Seriously, this joint is costly to heat. Plus, I just really like it cool. It's much more fun to me to sleep under piles of quilts and blankets, toasty and warm under that hefty weight, rather than a heater. And since Brooklyn's bed IS piled with quilts and blankets, I don't worry about freezing her out. And right now, August is in our bed with us, so same thing. No worries.

Although I do love the smell the heater makes when it first kicks on. But I have actually noticed that our bodies (those of me, Brooklyn and August) are so acclimated to the cooler temps of our house, when we spend any length of time in someplace that most people would consider "comfortable", our cheeks get rosy red. We overheat! So, with our rather chilly temps, warm pjs are essential. So, duly note: visitors to Goshen, dress warmly. :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am SO there about sleeping in a cool house, warm under blankets. The heat in the new house is so quiet, I barely know when it's on...except that Clancy has found the one under the sink in the guest bath (and I was wondering why he was sleeping in there!) The babies are adorable, Ash. I can't wait to see them again! xoxo Lynn

    ReplyDelete