Pink Eye

7:26 PM

I learned a couple of things about pink eye this last week. 1) if you're a contact wearer, you can still use eye drops and wear your contacts so long as there are no steroids in the drops. Awesome! 2) If you clean your contacts at night with ClearCare, you can prevent giving yourself pink eye over and over. Double Awesome. 3) pink eye produces some of the most monstrous eye boogers. Closer to real boogers than anything I've ever seen. Like an eye with a cold. 4) it's not as bad as I remember it being as kid. It didn't itch at all. Maybe it's grown up over the years? Or maybe I have...

I'm walking through Kroger with my two kiddos, pushing a loaded cart when my already blurry right eye (blurry because of the sludge being produced by my icky eye) gets seriously foggy. And I start feeling something really wet as I blink. And since the number one rule of not spreading pink eye is to NOT TOUCH YOUR EYE (or wash your hands immediately thereafter if you do), I continue to push my cart out to my car, unload my groceries, buckle the kids in and then sit in the drivers seat. Only then flipping down the mirror on my windshield visor. And gasping out loud at the sight of the montstrous boogerish slime ball OOZING its way out my eye. I happen to keep spare burp cloths in our diaper bag...not necessarily for such a time as this, but in case there ever is excess gunk to be sopped up. And on my eye, there was definitely some gunk to be sopped up. As I carefully extract the enormous eye booger, gagging the whole time, I did notice that the sky seemed to lighten. Or maybe that was just my vision clearing up.

I'm definitely glad to be past that now. And it seems we are. I managed to just have the one eye, Brooklyn went from right to left and then it's gone. And miraculously, Kyle and August have emerged unscathed! Praise God!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I would have wiped your eye for you.

    On another note...the Kroger here has just been totally renovated and had it's GRAND reopening. I just want to call you and say grab the kids and lets shop! It is the best "normal" store ever!!!! It's organic section is awesome. Produce is perfect. And the desserts are beautiful. I love the fish/meat department but I won't force you to wait for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete