Halloween Revealed

8:27 PM





What a day! After sleeping a little late because I feel like I've been getting up relatively early, we began our Halloween. August's first. We cleaned house, darted around to find an extremely last minute pumpkin to carve at Josh & Lauren's party, darted back home to put Brooklyn down for her nap before it was time to garb up and trick or treat. So the pumpkin I found was actually in a trash bin. Probably a day away from rotting, it was the only one still intact and although I would never have paid money for the deformed thing, I was only too happy to snag it as a freebie. I like to think I rescued it.

We walked up and down Park Hill's Halloween on the Hill. I may not bother next year. Too many cars, not enough candy. I was so pooped from that I almost didn't want to try trick-or-treating. And apparently no one else did either because there were only 2 houses with porch lights on within walking distance of my house! Come ON! My precious neighbor, Russ, was in action, as was his equally precious dog, Rose.

Then, Kyle and I assembled our own costume (we were opposite halves of a S'more - a full S'more when smushed together). We were both quite pleased with the results. And August as a little red hot chili pepper was so stinking cute. Brooklyn, too, was a crowd pleaser in her pumpkin suit. And I managed to get the best deals on both of their costumes! The secret is to order them barely in time for Halloween and you pay practically nothing! So far, Babystyle has not let me down in the quality costume department. So far, we've bought a shark costume, dragonfly costume, pumpkin and red hot chili pepper. 5 stars.

Josh & Lauren's party was super fun. Everyone participated and dressed up and there was so much yummy food that I didn't have room in my tummy to try everything. We bowled with pumpkins, played Wheel of Misfortune, bobbed for apples (well, my brother Michael did - the only one brave enough to stick his whole head underwater), stuffed our faces, and carved pumpkins! As our pumpkin was totally retarded, it sort of could only become one thing. As you'll see, it could only be a T-rex. Complete with a person stuck in its teeth and carnage surrounding it. We got first runner up. Cool.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Where's the August picture, I want to see the chili pepper! Only, you Ash, would "rescue" an old pumpkin to save $1.50, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete