Puree Extravaganza

8:03 PM



In my cookbook, Jessica Seinfeld says it should take a good hour per week to prepare for your upcoming week of meals and purees. That must be once you've really gotten going because it took me a good 3 hours this evening. Of course, Jessica may not have been wearing an infant in a sling or pausing to tend to her 2 year old. And I'm not really complaining. I sort of relieve stress by losing myself in cooking stuff. And I was pureeing more quantities than I'll use in a week. The hardest part was putting the stuff in baggies. It was much messier than I anticipated. The steaming was easy, as was the food processor part. Seriously, press "on" and set my timer for 2 minutes. The bagging of 1/2 cup quantities and labeling was what took so long. That and my mommy interruptions. So, now that I am ready to go, we'll see how this integration of vegetables into regular food goes.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm really excited to hear how this goes. I have the cookbook but have only commited to making a few of the non-puree stuff. The choc chip cookies with chickpeas are really good. The yellow cake with pumpkin puree (in a can) not so much.
    I look forward to these posts.

    ReplyDelete