Tortilla Cigars with Carrots & Squash

1:00 PM


Lunch today consisted of whole wheat tortillas wrapped around a mixture of cream cheese, chicken, 1/2 cup yellow squash, 1/4 cup of carrots, 1/2 cup of colby jack cheese, some garlic powder and salt. After rolling up the tortilla halfs, I popped them in a 375 oven for about 7 minutes. It was seriously good. I did not, as directed, use roasted chicken. Instead, I pulled out one of my handy cans of chicken, courtesy of SAMS! In a pinch...they really do the trick. All the benefits of protein, none of the hassle! Brooklyn gobbled them up and I did too... And this time, while we got good veggies in our tummies, it did not make the final product taste funny at all. I saved some for Kyle to sample.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. thanks for sharing the simple recipe. I will have to try for my little ones. came over via Mabels House.
    Sarah
    Vintage Lily
    http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

    ReplyDelete