Rhea Lana's

3:01 PM


Semi-annually, the mother of all consignment sales comes to LR. And it's happening right now! I love these things...I'm not much of a garage sale clothes buyer, but I make an exception to buying pre-worn clothing when it comes to this sale. The majority of stuff is in great condition and some stuff still has the tags on it. So far, it's been my primary source of clothing for Brooklyn - you can buy scads of clothing for a fraction of its original price. And since I had no boy stuff, I planned on and was able to get lots of good stuff for August.

This year, the lady who checked me out said there were over 950 consignors - that is a TON of people giving clothes and stuff! They have no idea how many people will shop there this week, but yesterday was the workers advance sale and I had to stand in line for almost 30 minutes. The real deal began today.

And I do love the clothes - hello, it's shopping - but I had the most fun bumping into people I know! It was like a reunion of sorts! Everywhere I turned, I knew someone! Plus, Julia and I were able to tackle the boy's clothes side by side..the bad part of that was that we have similar taste in clothing. And I convinced my sister-in-law, Anna, to help me. I knew she'd know what kind of clothes I'd like for Brooklyn and August, and I was right. She was incredibly helpful. In fact, I'm pretty sure I could not have handled it without her there.

You Might Also Like

0 comments